Regardless of what type of massage you get – Swedish, full-body, sports – your body can benefit greatly from the experience. Most people understand that a massage’s primary goal is to help a person feel more relaxed – to be in a calm state of mind. However, scientific research has learned that a massage is far better for one’s health than previously thought.
In fact, there are seven key reasons you need to book a massage session with your local massage therapy clinic.
8 Reasons You Need To Consider A Massage Today
It Helps In Increasing Happier Feelings
• A massage is helpful in alleviating cortisol, the stress hormone, and increase the number of neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin. Basically, a massage can reduce your blood pressure level and make you feel happy.
It Reduces Your Pain
• Based on various research, people who are in pain tend to feel much better and more functional after a massage. In fact, the benefits were just as powerful as taking medication, getting exercise or undergoing acupuncture.
Massages Help Stimulate Better Sleep
• Have you ever had a massage and suddenly realized you fell asleep? According to studies, a massage boosts the delta waves in the brain, which are linked to the deep sleep stage. A massage at home, when you’re having a hard time, could be just what you need to fall into a deep slumber.
Massages Helps Increase Your Immune System
• If you suffer with constant colds, then you’ll be glad to know that a massage can increase your body’s immune system and white blood cells, fighting off the bacteria and other harmful things during the cold and flu season.
PMS Levels Are Better Managed
• Do you suffer with PMS problems? A massage can help alleviate the symptoms – bloating and mood swings, for example.
Massages Help Reduce Your Headaches
If you suffer with headaches, you’ll be glad to learn that a 30-minute massage can reduce the pain that comes along with a tension headache along with how often they occur.
It Helps In Bettering Your Concentration Levels
• If you have a difficult time staying focused on something, a 15-minute massage can increase your concentration level. According to a study, people who did a 15-minute massage were able to quickly finish a math test and do it correctly.
Cancer Sufferers Can Get Some Relief
• People who have been diagnosed with cancer can benefit from a massage, as it helps them fight the cancer symptoms and treatment after-effects like depression, pain and tiredness.